“For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God who said ‘Let light shine out of darkness’, has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.” II Corinthians 4:5-6

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Sermon Extras... Luke 9:7-17


Jesus alone satisfies. A simple truth, yet a truth I often forget. According to the Bible, I'm not the only one...


The Bad News…
“…my people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the fountain of living waters,
and hewed out cisterns for themselves, broken cisterns that can hold no water.” Jeremiah 2:13

“None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks God.” Romans 3:10-11
 

The Good News…
“Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy?” Isaiah 55:1-2

“Jesus said to them, ‘I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.” John 6:35


1 comment:

  1. I am reminded of the Herod who built and edifice atop Masada overlooking the Dead Sea. I visited there in 1973. He carved out a huge cistern, among other buildings. He sought security and place to live out his life without trouble. He should have sought the One Lord of all who alone provides Living Waters to all who seek, who provides eternal life with Him alone.

    ReplyDelete