“For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God who said ‘Let light shine out of darkness’, has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.” II Corinthians 4:5-6

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Servant Song 3

I’ve enjoyed preaching through the four Servant Songs of Isaiah for this year’s Advent series at Shell Creek. This week I’ll be preaching from the third song found in chapter 50. So far this week, I’ve been captivated by the amazing statement that the Servant says “But the Lord GOD helps me; therefore I have not been disgraced; therefore I have set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be put to shame.” The Servant sets his face like a flint.

Praise God for the faithful obedience of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment