“For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God who said ‘Let light shine out of darkness’, has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.” II Corinthians 4:5-6

Friday, March 1, 2013

A Pastor's Heart

While preparing for this week’s sermon, I ran across these words of the Apostle Paul in Philippians:
 
"I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, so that I too may be cheered by news of you. I have no one like him, who will be genuinely concerned for your welfare” Philippians 2:19-20
We always hear about Paul’s heart as a pastor, and rightfully so, yet these few words from Paul about Timothy speak of a heart that I long for as a pastor…Oh that the Almighty would give me a heart like Timothy!

No comments:

Post a Comment